When you are a patient it can be stressful and overwhelming. You need to communicate all of your woes and symptoms but let me give you a few hints on being our favorite patient.
- Answer our yes or no questions with YES or NO please.
- please keep your list of woes to 3 or less, we cannot solve all your problems in 15 minutes.
- When I ask you to take a DEEP breath open your freakin’ mouth and TAKE A DEEP BREATH. Little tiny nasal inhales are impossible to hear.
- Know you medications or bring a list. The “little green pill” could be anything.
- When I ask if you’ve had surgery I mean all of them no matter when. Just because it was 20 years ago doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
- And finally, please don’t argue with me that you need x or y medication because Google or Dr. Oz said so…….